Task Teams and Issues that have been Identified
- Income Assistance
- It can take too long for persons without housing to access an Income Assistance (IA) worker.
- It can take too long for landlords to receive confirmation of payment from Department of Community Services (DSC).
- Clients need to self-determine best options for managing the IA envelope.
- Service Standards Reporting
- Issues as stated in above.
- Emergency Housing
- There needs to be appropriate emergency housing for 2-parent families; male-led families and female-led families with older male children; and people with disabilities.
- Discharge Protocols
- People are being discharged from hospitals, institutions and emergency housing, and exiting the child welfare systems, to shelters and the street, as well as from the shelters to the streets.
- ID Support Services
- There are significant barriers to obtaining ID, and accessing ID support services
- Rental Assistance
- Individuals and families transitioning out of homelessness are blocked from accessing safe and affordable housing options due to financial limitations.